Simonton Windows Home Checklist
Simonton has the following tips to help evaluate the effectiveness of windows and doors in your home to see if it's time to replace your windows:
- Determine how many panes of glass are in the windows. Single-paned windows are the least energy efficient. You can replace them with double- or triple-paned ENERGY STAR® compliant windows to enhance energy efficiency and make a home more comfortable during all seasons.
- Look for condensation inside the glass on double- or triple-glazed windows. This could indicate seal failure. If this is the case, you might need to replace the glass or the entire window.
- Do your windows open and close easily? If your windows are hard to open or close—or they won’t stay open or locked—this could be a sign that the windows need replacing.
- Have someone stand outside your window. With a small flashlight, stand inside and “travel” around the window’s perimeter. If the person outside sees areas of light coming through, this is an indication of seal failure—and probably energy loss.
- Does it seems especially noisy in your house? If you live near an airport or busy street, consider replacing your windows with laminated glass windows to help reduce noise transmission.
- Did your neighbors just build a new home that’s too close to your bathroom? For added privacy, request decorative obscure glass in your windows. This will allow light to flow into the home, but will keep your privacy!
Check out the Simonton windows website for more information on their products, styles and warranty.